DeepMind cofounder Mustafa Suleyman believes that generative AI is just a phase and that the future lies in interactive AI. He envisions a future where everyone has their own AI “chief of staff” that can manage their day, help prioritize time, and even act as a research companion. Interactive AI could also be used to automate tasks in the workplace, such as booking appointments, writing reports, and organizing data.
Here are some examples of how interactive AI could be used in the future:
- A personal AI assistant that can help you with your daily tasks, such as scheduling appointments, managing your to-do list, and shopping for groceries.
- A smart home system that can learn your habits and preferences and adjust the temperature, lighting, and other settings accordingly.
- A self-driving car that can navigate traffic and avoid obstacles safely.
- A medical AI system that can help doctors diagnose diseases and recommend treatments.
- A customer service AI chatbot that can answer questions and resolve problems quickly and efficiently.
Interactive AI is still in its early stages of development, but it has the potential to revolutionize many aspects of our lives. Suleyman believes that interactive AI is “the next frontier of AI,” and he is excited to see how it is used to make the world a better place.
Source: DeepMind cofounder: Generative AI is just a phase. What’s next is interactive AI. – MIT Technology Review: https://www.technologyreview.com/2023/09/15/1079624/deepmind-inflection-generative-ai-whats-next-mustafa-suleyman/